Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So Far, So Good

Well, I'm about a week into this diet. I'm feeling so energized and motivated! (And for those of you who know me well, you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn that I did not write that in a sarcastic tone of voice.)

Honestly, these early sponsorship pledges and your moral support have given me just the shot of motivation I needed at this early stage. I'm feeling a good sense of momentum, and I hope I can sustain it.

The sugar and flour cravings haven't been quite as overpowering as I had expected them to be. Sugar and flour are my weaknesses (especially when held together with butter), and I expected to be crawling out of my skin for a few weeks while I broke the time-worn cycle of craving, giving in, and crashing. But, at the risk of jinxing myself, it hasn't been as difficult as I'd thought it would be. Yay!

To tell you the truth, the worst part of this so far has been not drinking. I've gone out with friends a few times over the last week, and it sucked drinking sparkling water. (However! Sparkling water served in a wine glass is somehow more enjoyable than straight out of the bottle. Who knew?) Alcohol is a relatively easy thing for me to give up, and the only time I miss it is when I'm out with other people who are drinking. I might need to avoid those situations for a while. Oh, well; it's only for a month or so. Then I'll go back to my favorite summer cocktail, which just happens to be relatively low on the glycemic index: Absolut Citron with soda and a twist of lemon on the rocks. In diet-friendly moderation, of course.

Oh, booze... How I miss you.

OK, I'm done waxing sentimental about liquor. For now anyway.

In the next couple of days, I'll post a sponsorship and weight-loss update. I am so touched by and grateful for those of you who have stepped up and sponsored me at this early stage. I'm equally grateful for those of you who have offered your moral support and encouragement. It's great to have so many people rooting for me and for the chimps!

THANK YOU, ALL!

As a token of my appreciation, here's a cute picture of Bear:

Bear

No comments: