Monday, July 23, 2007

Six Pounds Down!

I woke up this morning to a very pleasant surprise: a visit to the (usually dreaded) scale, telling me that I've lost six pounds since starting the Pounds for Primates program.

That's already $450 for the chimps!

Maybe that money will help this guy enjoy his well deserved retirement:

enjoying my golden years

Or maybe it will buy some snacks for this guy:

yummy!

And it's all thanks to you, my super-duper, awesomely wonderful sponsors and supporters!!

Seriously, knowing that this money is going to such a great cause is the best possible inspiration and motivation a dieter could ask for.

I'm feeling great overall--just cleaner, brighter, happier, and lighter. It's amazing what a difference six pounds can make.

Now I just need to do this five more times--and then maintain it at a less strict level for a lifetime. You know what? I think I'm up for the challenge. Feeling this good and feeling this sense of early accomplishment is great motivation to keep going.

Big thanks and love to all of you who are sponsoring and/or supporting me,
Deb

No comments: