Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy Sunday

Sorry it's been so long since I posted my last update. Things have been a little crazy. But never fear--I am still doing well and steadily dropping pounds for primates.

I'm down to seven pounds lost so far. The weight hasn't been falling off quite as quickly as I would prefer, but that's OK. On one hand, I want to raise as much money as possible for the chimps. On the other hand, I want to form eating habits that I can sustain for a lifetime, and I know that slow, steady weight loss goes hand in hand with that goal. Besides, I really haven't been feeling too deprived. If I'm truly hungry, I eat something that's both healthful and tasty (e.g., Laughing Cow Light cheese, bell peppers and hummus, celery and peanut butter, Tofurky slices., yogurt, ricotta cheese with Splenda and almond extract...).

So, as long as I'm losing weight, not feeling deprived, making my sponsors proud, and raising money for the chimps, I'll call that success. I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Good for you for passing on those dumpling appetizers at the Shanghai Garden Sunday before last! I was impressed. Keep it up, Deb - we're rootin' for you!

Unknown said...

Say Deb, if you do so well that we all go completely broke, do we get to move in with the primate of our choice? Because I've always wanted a tire swing!

(Seriously, great work, and I will have to ask you about Bob's Red Mill grains when there's finally time after the Wedding of the Century on Saturday.)