Friday, June 29, 2007

What a Great Start!

I haven't even sent my "please sponsor me!" email out to folks yet, and two extremely generous sponsors have stepped up to the plate. I'm going to keep people's names anonymous (unless you specifically want to be "outed" in public), but it's hard to hide the identities of the people who post in the Comments section here. As you can see from her comment in yesterday's post, my wonderfully generous, animal-loving sister, Liz, has committed to sponsor me at $5 per pound!

Another incredibly giving and thoughtful person has committed to--get this--$20 per pound! Oh. My. Gawd. Really?!?

Holy cow. I suddenly have a HUGE dose of motivation to jump-start my efforts, and this officially means that the challenge is real and tangible. Every pound I lose will mean at least $25 for the chimps. Now that's meaningful. And that's a million times better than a fleeting chocolate-malt milkshake from the Luna Park Cafe, or a king-size package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Thank you SO much to the two of you who have sponsored me so far. You guys rock. I'm going to do what I can to maximize your generosity! Oh, yeah, baby: It's ON!!!!

1 comment:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Hi Deb,
What a great cause to lose weight for!

(Although don't starve yourself, even for the chimps, okay?)

Sorry I can't personally sponsor, but I'll try to remember to mention your efforts and send people your way. (Not that I have a huge readership, but whatever.) Good luck!